We tell you where to apply for benefits and who can do it

Ukrainians can get help from the Red Cross through PrivatBank

Ukrainians can get help from the Red Cross through PrivatBank / Photo: Getty Images

Ukrainians who sheltered internally displaced persons in their home can receive financial assistance from the Red Cross through PrivatBank.

About it informs bank press office

Payment of compensation is provided for people who have placed internally displaced persons under the “Prihistok” program, they will be carried out through the payment system PrivatMoney.

What compensation is provided?

Owners of housing in which IDPs lived or live free of charge (mandatory with IDP status) is 14.77 UAH per person per day, that is 450 UAH per person per month.

How to get compensation?

To do this, you need to register your home on website and no later than the next day to submit application to local authorities, in which you need to indicate the full name of each of the placed persons and add copies of documents proving their faces.

On the day when the accommodation of an internally displaced person is terminated or information on the number of such persons changes, an appropriate application must also be submitted.

You need to apply for financial assistance to the executive committee of the village, settlement, city council at the location of the dwelling in person.

For more information on what types of financial assistance can be obtained in Ukraine during the war, read our material.

“Today” wrote earlier why PrivatBank suddenly blocked pension card client and told what will happen to Ukrainian loans in this financial institution.