The eggplant tails are not cut off, and the vegetable itself is peeled in longitudinal strips and it turns out striped
How to make Turkish Stuffed Eggplant
After the Spanish Casserole tumbet with eggplant, we realized that these vegetables are ubiquitous. Eggplants are stuffed and then baked not only with us.
In Turkey they are called karniyarik. First they need to be cleaned with longitudinal strips, leaving tails. This can be done with a potato peeler. Then the vegetables are soaked in salt water, fried in vegetable oil.
Before baking, cut the eggplant and make a well for the filling. Garnish the filling with tomato slices and green peppers, de-seeded.
Recipe from kitchen.727go.com.
Turkish stuffed eggplant
Turkish stuffed eggplant / Photo: kitchen.727go.com
- eggplant – 6 pcs.;
- ground beef – 350 g;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- green pepper – 2 pcs.;
- tomato paste – 1 tsp;
- chopped parsley;
- olive oil – 3 tbsp. l.; + 1 glass;
- black pepper – 1 tsp;
- salt – 2 tbsp. l. + 1 tsp
How to cook:
- Peel the eggplants in longitudinal strips 1 cm wide. The vegetables should turn out to be striped. Tails do not need to be cut.
- Pour cold water into a large bowl, put 2 tbsp. l. salt and place eggplant in water for 30-40 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Cut tomatoes and peppers into cubes. Fry the onion until golden brown. Add green pepper, fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced meat. Fry 7-10 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes, 1 tsp. salt and ground black pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Add chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
- Heat 1 cup vegetable oil in a deep frying pan. Fry eggplant on all sides until golden brown. Place the fried eggplant on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Lay out the eggplant in a bowl. Make a longitudinal incision and use a spoon to make an indentation. Spread out the filling. Garnish with tomato halves and de-seeded green pepper pods.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve karnyyaryk with rice.
Interesting warm salad Eggplant is perfect for dinner. See here how to cook it.