This is a fairly common breakfast or snack in this sunny country. Garnish with fresh herbs and feta when serving.
Greek scrambled eggs strapacada recipe
In Greece, breakfast is almost the same as ours. Very tasty use yesterday’s bread and cook casserole from it or fry scrambled eggs with tomatoes.
That is, when you offer such a simple breakfast, you can proudly call it a Greek strapacada.
Everything is well known to us: first, tomatoes are fried in the form of almost mashed potatoes, then poured with beaten eggs.
Well, what is Greek cuisine without a few leaves of mint and feta. Add them when serving.
Recipe found at kitchen.727go.com.
scrambled eggs strapacada
scrambled eggs strapacada / Photo: kitchen.727go.com
- eggs – 2 pcs.;
- ripe tomatoes – 200 g;
- fresh mint leaves – a few pieces;
- olive oil – 2-3 tbsp. l.;
- a pinch of sugar;
- salt pepper.
How to cook:
- Wash the tomatoes and finely chop or puree.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Put tomatoes, add sugar, salt and black pepper. Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes until a thick sauce is obtained.
- Finely chop the mint leaves and add to the tomatoes.
- Beat eggs with a fork until smooth. Pour into skillet and stir. Fry until the eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with fresh mint. Serve with feta.
Must try Greek casserole sfugatoit is prepared from eggplant.