January 7, 2023, 16:24 – Public News Service – OSN
Director James Cameron has announced that he intends to shoot new parts of the sci-fi blockbuster “Avatar”. He announced this on Max’s Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace?
Cameron noted the big fees of the sequel “Avatar: The Way of the Water.” They have already crossed the $1.5 billion mark at the global box office, becoming the highest-grossing film of the past year, he said.
“It seems that with the momentum that the film is showing now, we will easily cover the costs even in the next few days. So it looks like I can’t get away from it – I’ll have to do other sequels. I know what I’ll be doing for the next six or seven years,” Cameron shared.
The director also said that he plans to discuss future work on new parts with specialists from Disney. It turns out that some of the films have already been shot, and the finalization and post-production process is ahead of everyone.
James Cameron devoted almost 25 years of his life to the Avatar series of science fiction films, writes Empire magazine. Previously with the director askedif he yearns for some other stories that he could not realize due to working on the franchise.