December 15, 2022, 13:40 – Public News Service – OSN

In Denmark, a man died four years after being bitten by a cat. LADBible writes about it. It is reported that the animal brought carnivorous bacteria into the body of a man and caused blood poisoning.

According to media reports, in 2018, the deceased Henrik Plettner adopted a cat from a shelter. When he was transporting her home, the animal bit him on the finger. After a couple of days, the bite site was very swollen and began to hurt. Then Plettner turned to the doctor for help.

After several consultations, the man was admitted to the hospital where he spent a month and experienced 15 different procedures. Moreover, Henrik had to amputate his finger, but his health continued to deteriorate.

“He had a weakened immune system, gout, pneumonia and diabetes,” said the Dane’s mother.

Four years after the cat bite, Henrik died. It is reported that his body was attacked by carnivorous bacteria, he developed blood poisoning.

“Go to the doctor after being bitten, don’t think, ‘Ah, it’s just a cat,’” Henrik’s widow said.

Earlier it became known that in Australia, a woman had a part of her finger amputated after an unsuccessful manicure. Read more in the material Public News Service.