IN Saratov A man has a huge worm growing in his forehead after being bitten by a mosquito. Saratov City Clinical Hospital No. 9 reported this on its page on “In contact with”.
The man was admitted to the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery after he developed swelling in his right eyelid and in the area near the root of his nose. Since the prescribed antibiotics did not help, the doctors decided to give him an ultrasound, where they found signs of a parasitic infection.
The man underwent an operation during which a live 12-centimeter white worm was removed from the patient’s forehead. Its carriers are usually mosquitoes. Such a worm can be detected three to six months after an insect bite.
Similar case happened V Novorossiysk in the summer of 2023. After being bitten by a mosquito, a thin white worm about 15 centimeters long was found in his head. He was diagnosed with dirofilariasis, which is carried by mosquitoes.